Wyoming Congressional Award participants don‘t just dream of seeing the world, they make it happen.
Setting goals that challenge and immerse
you in new experiences can be a little scary.
But trust us—you'll never be the same.
Your expedition or exploration is unique to you—
but here are some ideas to inspire you and spark your curiosity!
• bicycle tour across Wyoming or the west
• hiking the Appalachian Trail
• canoe/rafting tour
• wilderness camping
• Civil Patrol rescue
• mountain climbing
• Outward Bound activities
• scientific research trip
• deep dive into a National Park
• immersive big city visits to Denver, Seattle, San
Francisco, New York City, Paris, or any other city
that captures your curiosity
• immersive small town (or ghost town!) visits to Virginia
City, Rhyolite, Pendleton, Selma, Torrington, or any other
small place that captures your curiosity
• a special cultural project while studying abroad
• a cultural exchange with an Amish family, a Native
American family, a ranching family, or an inner city family
• shadow a person with a physical impairment (with their
permission, of course!)
• a historical exploration of the Oregon Trail
(2 days/1 night)
(3 days/2 nights)
(5 days/4 nights)